Thursday 27 June 2013

From the High to the Low to the End of the Show

News news news.

I got my PHD offer. Unconditional acceptance.

A few days later I was informed that I'm going to be billed as an overseas student.

The funding I secured only covers me up to £9,000 per year. My fees will be £13,000.

Having made/sent a tonne of calls/emails about the whole thing I have decided to just ignore it for a little while and hope it goes away.

On a slightly cheerier note, the ex catalogue shop in our local shopping centre has reopened!!!!
I celebrated with a new 'dress' from Simply Be. £5.49 instead of £35. (You can see why I was sad that it closed.)

Supposedly a skater dress, but the bottom bit is far too fitted for that! It could also have used a belt. The pockets are a bonus though.

The material's really soft (but seems to crease super easily). The pattern's not too heavy and the colour appealed and I really like the rolled up sleeves. Good and comfy!

Any excuse to show this off. 99p in Oxfam!!

I wore this today and transitioned between researching in the local library this morning, food shopping and  conducting a Skype interview with an ex sex worker from the US. Sod dressing up or down, if it can do all that then it passes muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment